PhD Student Positions at the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG)
The Doctoral programme of the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) hosts students interested in the areas of plant biology and biotechnology, and plant and farm animal genomics and genetics. The programme welcomes applications from motivated national and international students (http://www.cragenomica.es/crag-phd-program)
Currently, we are inviting applications for 6 PhD positions to start between June-September 2023.
We are looking for enthusiastic students interested in modern, multidisciplinary biological sciences, encompassing experimental, bioinformatic and theoretical approaches.
Highly qualified candidates holding or about to obtain an MSc or equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, or related fields are encouraged to apply. We offer excellent facilities to perform cutting-edge research, and an enhanced doctoral training and support program. At present, over 60 doctoral students from 20 different countries are working on a full doctoral research project at CRAG.
4 PhD Positions – CRAG “Severo Ochoa” PhD Programme
- Characterization of the implication of subcellular distribution of RNA silencing machinery during viral infection (CEDIVI). Nicolas Bologna and Juan José Lopez-Moya
- Role of OsRAV genes and their GRN in adaptation of rice to abiotic stress – Soraya Pelaz
- Molecular dissection of the brain of two domestic species from an evolutionary perspective – Marcel Amills and Sebastian Ramos Onsins
- The role of GELP proteins in plant cell wall remodelling and adaptation to stress – Robertas Ursache
Please note, that the CRAG “Severo Ochoa” PhD Programme has specific requirements. For further information about this call and the online application procedure is available here.
2 PhD Positions – National Research Projects
- Unveiling the role of glycosylated sterols in the cross-talk between plants and their environment– Albert Ferrer- Teresa Altabella (albert.ferrercragenomica.es; teresa.altabellacragenomica.es)
- Natural variability and gene editing to decipher fruit quality, disease resistance, fruit morphology and reproductive barriers in melon– Jordi García- Marta Pujol (jordi.garciacragenomica.es ; marta.pujolcragenomica.es)
For further information about these open positions, please contact directly the Principal Investigators.
Applications will be accepted until October 5, 2022
About CRAG Research at CRAG encompasses basic science in plant development, physiology, metabolism and genetics; bioinformatics and genomics of plants and farm animals; and applied projects developed together with Agbio, Biotech, and Breeding companies. CRAG is located at the campus of the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB), and hosts over 200 members from across the world in its facilities inaugurated in 2011: an ample and well-equipped building designed for modern plant biology and genomics research. CRAG has been recognized since 2016 as a “Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence” by the Spanish Government, and in 2015 it received the “Human Resources Excellence in Research” accreditation from the European Commission. This accreditation reflects CRAG's commitment to conduct transparent and merit-based recruitment and appraisal procedures and to provide attractive working conditions. CRAG is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
For more information about CRAG, visit: