CRAG is an independent research institution established as a Consortium that includes the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), the Catalan Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and the University of Barcelona (UB). CRAG facilities, located at the UAB campus, were inaugurated in 2011: an ample and well-equipped building designed for modern plant biology and genomics research. CRAG brings together -under a unified management and operational structure- basic research groups in plant development, physiology, metabolism and genetics; groups in bioinformatics and genomics working on plants and animals; and applied projects developed together with Agbio, Biotech, and Breeding companies.
CRAG has been recognized since 2016 with the “Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence” award. The "Severo Ochoa” Program, from the Spanish Government, recognizes Centers that perform cutting-edge research and are among the world's best in their respective areas. CRAG is also a holder of the "Human Resources Excellence in Research" award from the European Commission. The award reflects CRAG's commitment to conduct transparent and merit-based recruitment and appraisal procedures and to provide attractive working conditions in alignment with the European Charter and Code. CRAG is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
The MSCA COFUND AGenT project has received funding form the European Union´s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
What CRAG seeks
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG; Barcelona) is currently seeking an Academic and Training Officer to support the Training and Academic Programmes at CRAG and the management of individual fellowships.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized and self-motivated person, with capacity to work independently and/or as part of a team as required by the situation. She or he should have good communication and team-working skills.
The successful candidate will join the Projects and International Affairs Area and, in close collaboration with other members of the team and Human Resources Area, will:
- Plan and implement the selection process, monitoring activities, mobility, reporting and oversee dedicated budget and expenses of the AGenT postdoctoral programme, a MSCA-COFUND programme partially funded by the European Commission (www.cofund-agent.eu)
- Provide support to early career researchers in the application to fellowship programmes
- Internal management, reporting and budget follow-up of individual fellowships
- Contribute to the organization of strategic collaborative academic and mobility programmes with other international research centres;
- Organize internal training courses (e.g. oversee logistics, purchase requests, registrations, communication, reporting, etc.);
What CRAG offers
- Contract duration: Full time (37.5 hours/week) and contract following the new regulations funded by MSCA COFUND AGenT project.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
- Start date: As soon as possible
CRAG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering teleworking and flexible working hours.
Employment in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulation. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
Studies and work experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in project/grants management in a research environment (minimum 1 year).
- IT skills (Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Precise, with attention to details, and well organized.
- Proactive, flexible, and with a problem-solving attitude.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Specific training in project management will be positively evaluated.
- Previous experience in a life science scientific environment will be positively evaluated.
Application procedure and deadline
Applications should include:
- Presentation letter describing past and current positions, motivation, and economic aspirations (2 pages maximum).
- Full CV detailing experience and education.
- Contact details for at least three references
Application materials should be submitted through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es. Reference: 37/2022
Informal inquiries are welcome and may be addressed to agent [at] cragenomica.es. Review of applications will begin on October 3rd, 2022, but the position will remain open until filled.