PhD Student Positions at the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG)
Currently, we are inviting applications for 4 PhD positions to start around January 2020:
- The involvement of microRNAs (miRNAs) in the regulation of plant immune responses under nutrient stress conditions – Blanca San Segundo (blanca.sansegundocragenomica.es)
- Retrograde Signaling in Photoprotection – Elena Monte (elena.montecragenomica.es)
- Molecular tools for fruit quality breeding in peach and other Prunus – Maria José Aranzana (mariajose.aranzanacragenomica.es)
- Discovering novel nuclear functions of RNAs pathways – Nicolas Bologna(nicolas.bolognacragenomica.es)
These four-year PhD positions are funded by the “National Programme for the Promotion of Talent and its Employability 2019” from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
1. The positions are aimed at students who have completed one of the following options by September 2019:
- studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related areas and that have 300 credits (ECTS), of which at least 60 must correspond to master level.
- a degree in a non-Spanish university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related areas.
4. Candidates cannot be in possession of a PhD Degree.
5. Candidates cannot have been hired as predoctoral students for more than 12 months before the start of the CRAG PhD position
6. Candidates cannot have started a pre-doctoral fellowship funded by the Spanish “Plan Estatal de Investigación, Desarrollo e Innovación Tecnológica” or any previous “Plan Nacional”.
How to apply:
Please contact directly the Principal Investigators.
Applications will be accepted until June 30, 2019