CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops, and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://www.cragenomica.es)
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Director’s Assistant to give overall support and management assistant to CRAG’S Director.
The Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the Director and also serves as a liaison with the Board of Directors, Scientific Advisory Board and institutional authorities. The Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is imperative. The Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
His/her main responsibilities will include:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Support and manage a high-volume of requests and projects to meet the objectives of the Director.
- Manage all scheduling and travel logistics for the Director.
- Prepare and edit institutional correspondence, presentations, reports, and memos, including indicator reports external and internal
- Support the Director in strategic communications, organizational strategy, and all other special projects as assigned.
- Organize institutional meetings and events for convenings, retreats, various board meetings, and other logistics.
- Serve as a liaison to Board of Directors Trustees, Scientific Advisory Board and institutional authorities.
- Collaborate with the general manager to the maintenance of the documental management system which includes the center policies and procedures.
- Support Director with donor/funder relations.
- Assist in other administrative tasks to the Director and General Manager as needed.
- Higher vocational education in Administration or similar.
- Experience: 2 years related work experience.
- Familiarity with non-profit sector.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in at least Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task, be a team-player, be flexible, adapt to shifting priorities.
- Good judgment and ability to function with autonomy.
- Attention to detail, which hight level of accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Problem solving, proactive and innovative performance.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including new IA updates.
- Ability to access a wide range of sources and networks for information.
- Permanent position
- Working day: Full 37.5 hours/week.
- Remuneration: depending on the experience and qualifications provided and framed within the salary structure of CRAG.
- Planned date of incorporation: January 2024
- Facilities for balance work and personal life through teleworking and flexible working hours, 22 days of holidays, 9 free days of personal matters; intensive working hours on summer and Fridays.
- Good environment and good place to work.
- Centre placed in UAB Campus
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es/
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality, or disability.
CRAG is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. CRAG signed the Declaration of Commitment to the Charter & Code in 2012. On the 29th of March of 2015, CRAG received the 'HR Excellence in Research' award from the European Commission. This recognition, related with European "HR Strategy for Researchers", provides a common framework to establish a comprehensive and coherent HR strategy for the near- and longer-term future adopting international best practices and high-quality standards. The award reflects CRAG's commitment to continuously improve its Human Resource policies in line with the European Charter & Code, and to provide a stimulating and favorable work environment.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Presentation letter describing past and current positions, motivation and salary expectations.
- Full CV
- At least two references with contact details.
The position may continue opened until it is the position is fulfilled.