CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://www.cragenomica.es).
The Communication and Open Science (C&OS) Office is seeking for a Communication Officer with a strong background in plant science research to create online content for high-school students and collaborate in the organization of networking events with plant biology stakeholders.
The Communication Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the C&OS Office, and in close collaboration with CRAG researchers.
The Communication Officer will need to translate the scientific research done at CRAG into attractive digital material for high-school students, including informative texts and short videos. Therefore, the communication officer needs to be familiar with plant biology research as well as digital tools to create graphic and audiovisual content.
The candidate will also participate in the organization of several meetings to promote dialogue and collaboration among the different stakeholders of the plant biology field.
This contract is in collaboration with the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities-Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT), through its call “Convocatoria de ayudas para el Fomento de la Cultura Científica, Tecnológica y de la Innovación”, project code FCT-21-16698
Educational requirements: Degree in life sciences, a PhD in Plant Sciences will be a plus.
- Good communication skills in Catalan, Spanish and English (oral and written).
- Ability to translate complex scientific messages into messages that can be understood by students aged 15 to 17 years old.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds, being a dialogue facilitator.
- Ability to work with graphic and audiovisual softwares
- In vitro plant culture know-how.
- Familiar with molecular biology techniques in a laboratory setting.
- Experience in performing plant science research is needed.
- Experience in delivering outreach activities to high-school students will be highly valuable.
- Experience in a communication/outreach department of a research centre/university will be considered a plus.
Contract Duration: from 19th of September 2022 to 30th June 2023.
Hours/week: Part Time (20 hours per week)
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience (1 pages maximum).
Start date: 19/09/2022