What CRAG seeks
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG; Barcelona) is currently seeking a European Project Developer and Manager to join the Projects and International Affairs Department.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized and self-motivated person, with capacity to work independently and as part of a team. She or he should have experience in European project development and management, and good communication skills.
Her/his role will be to actively seek for competitive funding opportunities through the participation in partnering events, working groups and technology platforms to increase CRAG visibility at the European level, promoting CRAG as a key research institution in Europe to be involved in projects targeting sustainable agriculture, food security and climate change related issues. The main focus will be pre-award and proposal "co-creation" with researchers, not only supporting researchers in the preparation and coordination of proposals but also bringing new research opportunities. The position will involve working closely with the other departments of the "Science and Impact" area of CRAG: Communication and Open Science, and Technology Transfer.
Specific tasks include:
• Identify new funding sources and opportunities
• Promote CRAG participation in the European research framework
• CRAG representation and participation in partnering events, working groups and technology platforms
• Support CRAG researchers in the definition of project goals, search of partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission
Occasional travelling is required locally and abroad.
What CRAG offers
A full-time position (37,5h/week). Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with CRAG’s pay scales. Employment in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulation. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific areas of Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar.
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
• Excellent command of spoken and written English.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills.
• MS, PhD and/or Postdoctoral experience in Scientific areas of Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar.
• Specific training in European and international project management.
• Previous experience in a life science scientific environment
• Able to work on own initiative without close supervision to deliver agreed priorities and tasks, exercising judgment about when to seek advice and input
Application procedure and deadline
Applications should include:
• Presentation letter describing past and current positions, motivation, and economic aspirations (2 pages maximum)
• Full CV detailing experience and education.
• Contact details for at least two references
Application materials should be submitted through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es. Reference: 37/2020
Informal inquiries are welcome and may be addressed to maite.iriarte [at] cragenomica.es. Review of applications will begin on January 11, 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.
CRAG is an independent research institution established as a Consortium that includes the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), the Catalan Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and the University of Barcelona (UB). CRAG facilities, located at the UAB campus, were inaugurated in 2011: an ample and well-equipped building designed for modern plant biology and genomics research. CRAG brings together -under a unified management and operational structure- basic research groups in plant development, physiology, metabolism and genetics; groups in bioinformatics and genomics working on plants and animals; and applied projects developed together with Agbio, Biotech, and Breeding companies.
CRAG has been recognized since 2016 with the “Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence” award. The "Severo Ochoa” Program, from the Spanish Government, recognizes Centers that perform cutting-edge research and are among the world's best in their respective areas. CRAG is also a holder of the "Human Resources Excellence in Research" award from the European Commission. The award reflects CRAG's commitment to conduct transparent and merit-based recruitment and appraisal procedures and to provide attractive working conditions in alignment with the European Charter and Code. CRAG is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
The position will be funded by the Severo Ochoa award (Project No. CEX2019-000902-S)