CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://www.cragenomica.es).
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a HR Manager to be part of the HR area.
The HR Manager will work under the direct supervision of the General Manager. His/her main responsibilities will include:
- Plan the tasks and coordinate the HR team to achieve their objectives.
- Participate in the definition and implement the different HR policies: HRS4R, Training, Work Climate, Equality Plan, Organisation, Personnel Development (system of objectives and evaluation by competencies, remuneration, job description and evaluation), PRL and Selection.
- Supervising the tasks of personnel administration (payroll, hiring, extensions, etc.) and Financial justification of HR personal grants and follow-up of the sending of the necessary reports according to the established deadlines carried out by the personnel under his/her charge.
- Preparing the centre's annual personnel budget.
- Attending to requests for information from staff and informing and collaborating in the preparation of the necessary procedures for the recruitment especially for foreign staff in order to obtain the corresponding visa and applications and/or renewals of work authorisations.
- Collaborating in the prevention of occupational risks and coordinating the activities of the external PRL Service: information, training, health monitoring, self-protection plan, participation in the Health and Safety Committee meetings, accident investigations, etc.
- Define and monitoring staff training.
- Planning, drawing up and participating in the CRAG's selection processes.
- Representing the Direction in meetings with the Works Committee, as well as mediating in conflicts or incidents with the Centre's staff.
- Compliance and follow-up of the audits in everything that refers to the aspects of the personnel, ensure compliance with current regulations and internal procedures.
• Degree in Labour Science, Labour Relations, Law or similar. Postgraduate or Master’s Degree in the field of HR Management will be an asset.
• Tittle accrediting a minimum English B2 CEFR level or equivalent
• Training in Occupational Risk Prevention, at least basic level (50 hours).
• Strong command of written and spoken Catalan, Spanish and English
• Negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Leadership ability, responsible, organized and committed to the job
• Ability to work in a team with communication skills
• Analytical and attention to detail skills
• At least three years of experience in HR departments working in a similar position in a research institution. Working experience in a CERCA Center will be positively valued.
Working day: Full 37.5 hours/week.
Remuneration: depending on the experience and qualifications provided and framed within the salary structure of CRAG.
Planned date of incorporation: As soon as possible
Facilities for balance work and personal life through teleworking and flexible working hours.
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es/
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality, or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Presentation letter describing past and current positions, motivation, and economic aspirations (2 pages maximum)
- Full CV detailing experience and education.
- Contact details for at least two references.
Review of applications will begin on 9th October 2022, but the position will remain open until filled.
Start date: As soon as possible