CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data https://www.cragenomica.es/sites/default/files/2022-07/crag-summary-2020-2021_0.pdf
The Communication and Open Science (C&OS) Office is seeking for an internship student with a background in life sciences to work in the recently awarded FECYT project, corresponding to the Communication and Public Engagement plan of the CRAG’S UCC+i (Unidad de Comunicación Científica e Innovación).
The candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the C&OS Office, and in close collaboration with CRAG researchers.
The candidate will need to translate the scientific research done at CRAG into attractive content in a variety of formats, including informative texts and short videos. Therefore, the candidate needs to be familiar with biology research as well as digital tools to create graphic and audiovisual content.
The candidate will also participate in the writing process of press releases from scientific publications, the organization of workshops for students, the creation of social media content, internal communication activities, etc.
This job offer is in collaboration with the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities-Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT), through its call “Convocatoria de ayudas para el Fomento de la Cultura Científica, Tecnológica y de la Innovación”, project code FCT-22-17785.
Educational requirements: Degree in life sciences, a Masters in Science Communication or similar will be a plus.
- Good communication skills in Catalan, Spanish and English (oral and written).
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds, being a dialogue facilitator.
- Ability to translate complex scientific messages into messages that can be understood by students aged 15 to 17 years old.
- Ability to work with graphic and audiovisual softwares.
- Familiar with molecular biology techniques in a laboratory setting.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Teamwork, communication skills and proactivity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with close attention to detail and on-time delivery.
- Experience with activities related to students will be considered a plus.
- Experience in (science) communication activities will be considered a plus.
Contract Duration: from October 2023 to June 2024. Contract funded through the project “Plan de Comunicación y Divulgación de la UCC+i del CRAG” with reference number FCT-22-17785, financed in collaboration with the undación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología - Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación.
Hours/week: Part time
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es/
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Integration policy: reserve the place in a first turn for disabled staff.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience (1 page maximum).
Start date: October 2023