CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data https://www.cragenomica.es/sites/default/files/2022-07/crag-summary-2020-2021_0.pdf
The Communication and Open Science (C&OS) Office is seeking for an internship student with a background in journalism/audiovisual communication to work in the recently awarded FECYT project, corresponding to the Communication and Public Engagement plan of the CRAG’S UCC+i (Unidad de Comunicación Científica e Innovación).
The candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the C&OS Office, and in close collaboration with CRAG researchers.
The candidate will need to explain the research done at CRAG to different audiences, creating attractive digital material for social media, CRAG’s website, high-school students, CRAG’s stakeholders, etc. This includes informative texts, posters, infographics, videos, etc. Therefore, the candidate needs to be familiar with biology research but with a strong background in the use of digital and audiovisual tools.
The candidate will also participate in the organization of workshops for students, the creation of social media content, internal communication activities, etc.
This job offer is in collaboration with the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities-Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT), through its call “Convocatoria de ayudas para el Fomento de la Cultura Científica, Tecnológica y de la Innovación”, project code FCT-22-17785.
Educational requirements: Degree in journalism or audiovisual communication, a Masters in Science Communication or similar will be a plus.
- Good communication skills in Catalan, Spanish and English (oral and written).
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds, being a dialogue facilitator.
- Ability to translate complex messages into messages that can be understood by all audiences.
- Ability to work with graphic and audiovisual softwares.
- Ability to generate visual and attractive content for social networks.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Teamwork, communication skills and proactivity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with close attention to detail and on-time delivery.
- Experience in science/biology related topics will be considered a plus.
- Experience in social networks management will be considered a plus.
Contract Duration: fromOctober 2023 to June 2024.
Contract funded through the project “Plan de Comunicación y Divulgación de la UCC+i del CRAG” with reference number FCT-22-17785, financed in collaboration with the undación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología - Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación.
Hours/week: Part time
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es/
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Integration policy: reserve the place in a first turn for disabled staff.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience (1 page maximum).
Start date: October 2023