CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://www.cragenomica.es/sites/default/files/2022-07/crag-summary-2020-2021_0.pdf). The tasks are included in the framework of the project RYC2020-029185-I (dotación adicional)
We are looking for a technician to give us support for the current ongoing project in the lab. Our group is interested in applying techniques:
- for analysis of laboratory samples (RNA extraction, RT-PCR, confocal microscopy) for a temporary project.
- studying of Arabidopsis plants expressing exclusively cytoplasmic or nuclear versions of ARGONAUTAS proteins the prospection of the research project, for two projects to be completed this 2023, and
- provide Support more specialized technical tasks in molecular biology and maintain the laboratory, including its order and cleanliness, to contribute to the fulfillment of quality protocols and laboratory use.
The candidate will be trained in the transformation methods and basic molecular biology methodologies. He/she will have the opportunity to actively participate in the design of best supportive schemes for optimization of the daily lab work.
- Educational requirements: Degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology
- Skills: We look for candidates with basic knowledge in plant molecular biology
- Experience: Experience in microalgae transformation, microalgae culture will be positively valued.
- Contract Duration: temporary due to technical and scientific activities linked to the project and budget duration.
- Hours/week: 37.5h
- Planned date of incorporation: April 2023
- Facilities for balance work and personal life through teleworking and flexible working hours, 22 days of holidays, 9 free days of personal matters; intensive working hours on summer
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience (1 pages maximum).