CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (http://biennialreport2018-2019.cragenomica.es/).
The Lab Technician will join the recently established group “Synthetic Biology and Photosynthesis” to provide research support. Responsibilities will include planning and carrying out experiments related to improving photosynthesis in crops.
The tasks are included within the framework of the Severo Ocha project.
- Educational requirements:
- MSc in biological sciences or equivalent
- Previous experience in tissue culture and plant transformation (essential)
- A strong background in plant molecular biology (essential)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Experience in genetic circuit design software (benchling or geneious) (Desirable but not essential)
- Demonstrable experience working in a molecular biology laboratory, performing basic techniques such as nucleic acid extraction, PCR and cloning.
- Previous experience in tissue culture and plant transformation. Past experience handling crop species such as rice, tomato and tobacco are highly desirable.
Contract Duration: Temporary until December 2023
Hours/week: Full time