CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://www.cragenomica.es/sites/default/files/2022-07/crag-summary-2020-2021_0.pdf).
The main responsibilities:
- Generating CRISPR constructs for Arabidopsis thaliana and tomato plants
- Optimizing plant histological staining methods
The tasks are included within the framework of the project “The function of GELP proteins in Arabidopsis and tomato flower abscission and the contribution of root barriers to growth and fruit development in melon” in the framework of the project Severo Ochoa REFERENCE CEX2019-000902S
- Educational requirements: Master’s degree in plant biology or related field
- Skills: Basic skills in molecular cloning and plant histology
- Experience: Molecular biology techniques and light microscopy – highly desirable
- Contract Duration: 4 months
- Hours/week: Full-time
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience (1 pages maximum).