The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Lab Technician to be part of the group working on “Plant Viruses”
CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (http://biannualreport2016-2017.cragenomica.es/).
Tasks to be performed will be related to the project AGL2016-75529-R entitled “Mixed viral infections in crop plants”: dynamic of virus-host interactions and effects on vector-mediated dissemination”, and include:
- Management of components of the pathosystems under study: viruses, plants, and insect vectors
- Assays of virus infection and procedures for diagnostics
Educational Requirements: Grade in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or similar
- English, written and spoken
- Knowledge in informatics
- Capacity to work in a research team
- Willing to help and assist other group members
- Motivation for research will be appreciated.
- Demonstrated experience in Plant Molecular Biology and Phytopathology will be appreciated.
Contract duration: 2 months
Hours/week: Full time
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates, please submit (all the documents are mandatory for the application):
• Letter of motivation describing detailing experience
• At least 3 references (including email address and phone number)
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Start date: 01/07/2019