CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (http://biennialreport2018-2019.cragenomica.es/).
The Lab Technician will join the group “Epigenetics and Plant Development” to provide research support. Responsibilities will include planning and carrying out experiments under the supervision of the Group Leader, as well as helping other group members with daily routine tasks such as maintenance of lab supplies and stocks.
Educational requirements: Master degree in Plant Biology or equivalent.
- A strong background in plant molecular biology (essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in a laboratory setting (essential)
- Previous experience in nucleic acid isolation, qPCR and handling of Arabidopsis thaliana (essential)
- Previous experience in non-coding RNA biology (desirable)
- Previous experience in presenting work to other scientists (oral presentations)
Contract Duration: 12 months
Hours/week: Full time
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience (1 pages maximum).