What CRAG seeks
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG; Barcelona) is currently seeking a Project Manager to manage its MSCA COFUND Postdoctoral Programme (AGenT, www.cofund-agent.eu).
We are looking for a dynamic, organized and self-motivated person, with capacity to work independently and/or as part of a team as required by the situation. She or he should have experience in European project management, and good communication and team-working skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all operational aspects of the AGenT postdoctoral programme. AGenT is an ambitious research and training initiative designed to conduct multidisciplinary and intersectoral research projects at CRAG in conjunction with associated partner organizations (private companies, research centers and academic institutions), both national and international. The programme offers twenty (20) two-year postdoctoral fellowships in two calls. The project has a duration of 5 years (2021-2026).
Specific tasks include:
• Advertising and recruitment of researchers
• Supporting and undertaking programme development
• Training design
• Monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes
• Budget management
• Coordination with Partner Organisations
• Liaison with the European Commission
The successful candidate will be integrated in the Projects and International Affairs Area and will support the Head of the Area in the successful delivery of the AGenT programme.
What CRAG offers
A part-time position (20h/week), with the possibility to become full-time position, depending on the needs of the Area. Salary dependent on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Employment in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulation. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 2 years of experience in European project management
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills.
• Fluent in English and Spanish. English at an advanced/proficiency/native level will be positively evaluated.
• Specific training in project management.
• Previous experience in a life science scientific environment
• Experience in the use of content management systems (such as wordpress)
• Able to work on own initiative without close supervision to deliver agreed priorities and tasks, exercising judgment about when to seek advice and input
Application procedure and deadline
Applications should include:
• Presentation letter describing past and current positions, motivation, and economic aspirations (2 pages maximum)
• Full CV detailing experience and education.
• Contact details for at least three references
Application materials should be submitted through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es. Reference: 23/2020
Informal inquiries are welcome and may be addressed to agent [at] cragenomica.es. Review of applications will begin on October 26th, 2020, but the position will remain open until filled.
CRAG is an independent research institution established as a Consortium that includes the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), the Catalan Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and the University of Barcelona (UB). CRAG facilities, located at the UAB campus, were inaugurated in 2011: an ample and well-equipped building designed for modern plant biology and genomics research. CRAG brings together -under a unified management and operational structure- basic research groups in plant development, physiology, metabolism and genetics; groups in bioinformatics and genomics working on plants and animals; and applied projects developed together with Agbio, Biotech, and Breeding companies.
CRAG has been recognized since 2016 with the “Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence” award. The "Severo Ochoa” Program, from the Spanish Government, recognizes Centers that perform cutting-edge research and are among the world's best in their respective areas. CRAG is also a holder of the "Human Resources Excellence in Research" award from the European Commission. The award reflects CRAG's commitment to conduct transparent and merit-based recruitment and appraisal procedures and to provide attractive working conditions in alignment with the European Charter and Code. CRAG is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.