CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data https://www.cragenomica.es/sites/default/files/2022-07/crag-summary-2020-2021_0.pdf
- The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a PhD Student to be part of the group “Gene regulatory networks in plant development”.
- The candidate will be in charge of conducting experiments to characterize the plant peptidome.
- The tasks are included within the framework of the project CCEX2019-000902-S, Ayuda Referencia de la ayuda financiada por MCIN/AEI /10.13039/501100011033, “Charting the plant peptidome: from Arabidopsis to pea”.
- Educational requirements: BS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or similar. Master degree in Plant Biology, Genomics and Biotechnology, or equivalent.
- Skills: The candidate should be familiar with plant molecular biology methods, peptidomics and proteomics techniques, and data analysis.
- Experience: At least three years working with molecular biology, molecular genetics, and proteomics/peptidomics in Arabidopsis. Publications in the field will be positively evaluated.
- Contract Duration: 6 months
- Hours/week: full time
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Integration policy: reserve the place in a first turn for disabled staff.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience and a statement of research interests and career goals (2 pages maximum).
- Student’s certified Academic Record, including a detailed record of study / transcript (a list of attended courses and corresponding grades)
Any additional files considered relevant to the application, but please only provide documents that are important to support it two reference letters from university lecturers or scientists with whom the applicant has studied or worked.