CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://www.cragenomica.es/sites/default/files/2022-07/crag-summary-2020-2021_0.pdf ).
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Postdoc Researcher to be part of the group Molecular Reprogramming and Evolution in a joint project with the group of Light and temperature control of plant development.
The candidate will be in charge of performing experiments to obtain potato varieties with increased resilience to climate change
The tasks are included within the framework of the project TED2021-132895B-I00 proyecto de investigación financiado por MCIN/AEI /10.13039/501100011033 y por la Unión Europea NextGenerationEU/ PRTR “
- Educational requirements: PhD in biology and good English communication skills.
- Experience: We are looking for motivated candidates that work as team players in a highly cooperative and international environment. Demonstrable experience in Plant Molecular Biology and good communication skills in English (both spoken and written) is required, while experience working with potato is desired. Other desired skills are; experience in plant histology and microscopy, plant phenotyping, data analysis (NGS analysis, such as RNA-seq).
- Contract Duration: 12 months, with possible renovation
- Hours/week: 40
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- PhD Certificate or official notification of the award
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience and a statement of research interests and career goals (2 pages maximum), including references