CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://www.cragenomica.es/sites/default/files/2022-07/crag-summary-2020-2021_0.pdf ).
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Postdoc Researcher to be part of the group Rosaceae Genetics and Genomics.
The candidate will be in charge of the study of the leave microbiome in an apple population. He/she will supervise sample collection and sample processing for sequencing. Will perform the bioinformatic and genomic data analysis.
The tasks are included within the framework of the project PCI2022-135079-2 Proyecto Referencia del proyecto de investigación financiado por MCIN/AEI /10.13039/501100011033 y por la Unión Europea NextGenerationEU/PRTR“APPLEBIOME: Microbiome and genomic analysis in apple germplasm towards broadening genetic resources to breed for resilient varieties”.
- Educational requirements: PhD in biology, biotechnology, ecology or similar
* laboratory skills: DNA extraction, sample and library preparation.
* Computational skills: bioinformatics and statistics.
- Experience: PhD degree with Proved experience in the analysis of plant microbiome (preferably from leaves), including sample preparation and data analysis.
- Contract Duration: 24 months
- Hours/week: 37.5
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- PhD Certificate or official notification of the award
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience and a statement of research interests and career goals (2 pages maximum), including references