The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to be part of the group working on Bacterial Pathogens and Plant Cell Death.
CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://biennialreport2016-2017.cragenomica.es/).
The tasks are included within the framework at the project with title: “Millora de l’empelt amb pi pinyer mitjançant la tecnologia Plant Nanohealing (PNH)”, Issue No. 56 30012 2018 2A and call: “Ajuts Innovació Agroalimentària”.
- Optimization of the production of bacterial cellulose for its use in plants
- Production and selection of bacterial cellulose batches for each planned experiment to be carried out
- Experimental design and execution in laboratory / field of experiments to assess the application of BC in plants
- Data analysis
- Establishment and management of contact with potential collaborators: companies and research groups
PhD in Plant Molecular Biology/Genetics
Expertise in routine plant molecular biology techniques
Experimental design and data interpretation ability
Fluent English and Spanish, oral and written
Contract duration: until August 9th 2019
Hours/week: Full time
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates, please submit (all the documents are mandatory for the application):
• Letter of motivation describing detailing experience
• At least 3 references (including email address and phone number)
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Start date: 23/04/2019