CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (http://biennialreport2018-2019.cragenomica.es/).
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Postdoc Researcher to be part of the group working on Plant cell wall remodeling and adaptation led by Dr. Robertas Ursache.
The candidate will be in charge of:
- Uncovering the mechanisms of cell wall remodeling during plant growth and adaptation.
- Development of new tools for studying plant cell wall remodeling
- Student supervision
The successful candidate will use advanced histology, high-resolution microscopy, transcriptomics, gene editing and metabolomics-based techniques to unravel the mechanisms of cell wall modifications during normal plant growth and in response to environmental stimuli, with a particular focus on the transition from primary to secondary cell wall thickening and the role of reactive oxygen species in this process. Furthermore, the candidate will develop and use a tissue-specific TRAP to identify novel players involved in cell wall thickening and modification. Curiosity, motivation and an interest in acquiring new skills and learning new topics is essential.
The tasks are included within the framework of the project Severo Ochoa REFERENCE CEX2019-000902S”.
- PhD in Plant Biology or related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Molecular biology techniques and confocal microscopy – highly desirable
- RNA-seq data handling - desirable
- Handling of Arabidopsis plants - essential
- Contract Duration: 2 years
- Hours/week: Full time
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- PhD Certificate or official notification of the award
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience and a short statement of research interests and career goals (2 pages maximum)
- Contact details for at least two references
Start date: November-December 2022