CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://biennialreport2016-2017.cragenomica.es/).
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Postdoc Researcher to be part of the group light control of plant development.
The candidate will be in charge of performing comparative genetic analyses of plant responses to vegetation proximity, working with two mustard related species: Arabidopsis thaliana and Cardamine hirsuta. Currently, our analyses have helped us to establish the differential role of two components (with a known role in the establishment of shade avoidance in A. thaliana) in implementing the shade tolerant habit in C. hirsuta. In the following months, the selected postdoc will investigate the molecular causes that sustain the differential role of these components. In addition, she/he will prepare CRISPR-Cas9 mutants in specific genes of C. hirsuta, and will analyze physiologically and molecularly the shade response of the resulting plant, as well as this of a range of mustard species.
The tasks are included within the framework of the project 2017 SGR 1211. “Grup de Recerca en Regulació del Desenvolupament”.
Educational requirements: PhD in Biology or similar
- Knowledge of informatics (at the user level).
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Proactive in solving problems.
- Empathic, and willing to help other team members, if required.
- Demonstrated experience in Plant Biology (particularly in Genetics, Physiology, Molecular and Cell Biology techniques).
- Experience in supervising master and/or graduate students.
- Demonstrated experience in light control of plant growth and development (only candidates with at least 2 papers published in the field will be considered).
- Previous experience in Arabidopsis thaliana. Experience working with other mustards (such as C. hirsuta) is not a requirement but it will be positively considered.
Contract Duration: 4 months
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae.
- PhD Certificate or official notification of the award.
- A motivation letter, including a brief summary of work experience and a statement of research interests and career goals (2 pages maximum), including references (email address and phone number)
Start date: 01/08/2019