The Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Project Manager to join the Projects and International Affairs Unit, a dynamic department within the Science & Impact Area.
We seek a person with initiative and empathy, organized, responsible, methodical, with a willingness to learn and capacity to work independently and/or as part of a team, as required by the situation, and capable of working under pressure with strict deadlines.
CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Centre is located at the UAB campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
As Project Manager, main responsibilities are:
• Provide support to early career researchers in the application to fellowship programs
• Internal management, reporting and budget follow-up of individual fellowships
• Provide support in the preparation of national and regional proposals, including budget preparation and support in the submission of the proposals.
• Monitor the proper economic execution and closure of the funded projects, including economic justifications and audits.
• Act as a contact person for funding bodies in all matters related to the management of projects.
• Detect and communicate to the researchers the different research project calls, assist in the search for new sources of funding.
• Provide support to the Projects and International Affairs area when needed.
• Any other duties related to the job as requested to contribute to the general and dynamic functioning of the Projects and International Affairs Area.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years’ experience in the preparation and the management of R&D proposals in a similar position (Project Management).
• In-depth knowledge on the National and Regional Research Programs, policies, and regulations of national R&D.
• Fluent in Spanish and English. Understanding of written and oral Catalan will also be needed.
• Specific training in project management.
• Experience and/or skills in EU research projects are not required but will be an advantage.
• Experience and/or skills in life science research are not required but will be an advantage.
Contract duration: Permanent contract.
Salary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Hours/week: Full time (37,5 hours/week).
The CRAG offers extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from remote work and flexible working hours.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates, please submit (all the documents are mandatory for the application):
• Presentation letter describing past and current positions, motivation, and economic aspirations (2 pages maximum)
• Full CV detailing experience and education.
• Contact details for at least three references.
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability. Integration policy: reservation of the place in a first shift to personnel with disabilities
Deadline: Review of applications will begin on May 31th, 2022, but the position will remain open until filled.
Start date: as soon as possible