The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a research assistant to be part of the group working on generation of SUMO conjugation inhibitors for health and agricultural applications.
CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://biennialreport2016-2017.cragenomica.es/).
The purpose of this position is to participate in a translational research project funded by the AGAUR. The main responsibilities include:
1. Plan and conduct research under the supervision of Dr. L. Maria Lois:
a. day to day responsibility for the conduct and satisfactory progress of the research
b. keep meticulous experimental records, analyze data, interpret reports and bring new insights to research area
c. keep up to date with the relevant literature, evaluate and criticize texts
d. contribute ideas and be involved with the longer term planning of the project
e. work safely and responsibly with regard to CRAG rules
f. be prepared to share their expertise and guidance with more junior members of the laboratory; participate in laboratory organization and function
g. contribute to group meetings
2. Write up results and present internally and externally as appropriate, under the overall supervision of Dr. L. Maria Lois
3. General office duties as required.
Depending on the profile and experience of the candidate, the responsibilities of the position are adjusted.
Bsc in Biochemistry
• Strong knowledge of Biochemistry.
• Critical thinking and creativity.
• Strong analytical capacity.
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others, internally and externally.
• Willingness to learn new experimental/intellectual techniques.
• Motivation and commitment.
• Report writing skills.
• English oral and written.
Contract duration: 8- month (to be extent for additionally 10-month)
Hours/week: Full time
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates, please submit (all the documents are mandatory for the application):
• Letter of motivation describing detailing experience.
• At least 3 references (including email address and phone number)
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
• In addition, send the information to maria.lois [at] cragenomica.es. Only candidates providing all the information required will enter the interview selection phase.
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Start date: May 1, 2019