The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Researcher in Plant Genetics and Genomics to be part of the group working on Genomics and Biotecnology.
CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://biennialreport2016-2017.cragenomica.es/).
The tasks are included within the framework at the project “Development of breeding capacities in crop plants”.
• PhD in Sciences.
• Excellent level of English.
• Good knowledge of plant breeding and in development and use of molecular markers applied to breeding programs.
• Good knowledge of state-of-the-art genotyping technologies and basic methods in molecular biology.
• Large Postdoctoral experience.
• Basic knowledge on bioinformatics and analysis of next and third generation sequencing data.
• Good knowledge on population and quantitative genetics.
• Previous experience on gene/QTL cloning.
Contract duration: This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on 2 years.
Hours/week: Full time
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates, please submit (all the documents are mandatory for the application):
• Letter of motivation describing detailing experience.
• At least 3 references (including email address and phone number)
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Start date: 18/02/2019