CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Center is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data (https://biennialreport2016-2017.cragenomica.es/).
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Responsible for Economic Management and Purchases.
His/her main responsibilities will include:
• Supervision of the anual accounting information and budget control, as well as ensuring compliance with the law on transparency and public procurement law. For this, it will have the support of the team made up of several people who will coordinate and supervise
• Preparation within the timeframe of the necessary economic and Budget monitoring reports in front of the different Administrations and/or Auditors
• Review and control that all the existing economic information is complete and faithfully reflect of the economic situation of the center, determining and/or following the internal review processes that are established
• Contribution to the implementation and improvement of the management, accounting and budgetary circuits required
• Be main responsible for the correct functioning of the SAP B1, be the interlocutor and the person in charge with the responsible of the different departments to prepare the proposals of necessary improvements in all the areas managed through the ERP
• Degree in economic area or equivalent. Advanced Knowledge in Accounting
• Tittle accrediting a minimum English B2 CEFR level or equivalent
• Computing: Advanced level Computing: Advanced level Excel and the use of ERPs (preferably SAP B.O)
• Person responsible
• Great planning and organizational capacity, prioritizing the different issues to be dealt with and their workloads.
• Initiative and proactivity
Minimum three years of demonstrable experience in accounting and financial management with a medium / high degree of responsibility, valued in the field of Public Administration.
The candidatures that contribute experience in accounting auditing and / or the management of public sector entities will be valued especially. Subsidiarily previous experience in the area of purchases will be valued.
Contract Duration: Temporary or indefinite work contract.
Hours/week: Full time
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es/
Integration policy: reserve the place in a first turn for disabled staff.
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation describing detailing experience
- Three references (including email address and phone number)
Deadline: First revision of the CV on October 15, the vacancy will remain open until the position is covered.
Start date: November 2019